Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-07-2009
Members

Error message "The document caused a serious error the last time it was opened"

I am having a file in Access 2007 database on a server in Netware environment where each desktop has 2 remote sites where user are also running Access 2007 application with this database and each desktop is having different configuration. But if anyone one of them is using Office 2003 will occasionally get an error message when the application starts it says that The document caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it and if anyone says no they need to shut down the application.
Old 30-07-2009

Error message "The document caused a serious error the last time it was opened"

I was also getting such kind of error message when i was trying to have conversion from 2000-2003, don't worry it's normal. Access is internally adding columns and tables to it's MSys tables. The problem is if someone with an older version runs the databse and does anything like filter a record Access in that case i think the application needs to be converted again when the newer version opens it.
Old 30-07-2009
Members

Browse Error Messages

I am also getting same error message when i am trying to open any of the files which has being created in Office 2007 and if some one opens the same file in Office 2003 and if he save it and send back to me for checking it at that time i am getting this message. Does anyone facing such kinds of issue ?
Old 30-07-2009

Re: Error message "The document caused a serious error the last time it was opened"

In that case you need to follow the below steps whenever you are getting The document caused a serious error the last time it was opened" error message:-
  • Open Excel 2003 and click on About Microsoft Program on the Help menu to view the list of disabled files.
  • Then click on disabled Items.
  • If you want to re-enable one of the listed items, then click on that item, and then click on Enable.

If you wan to open the same file in Office 2007 then follow the below steps:-
  • In Word 2007 or Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click on Word Options to view the list of disabled files.
  • In the left pane you need to click on Add-Ins.
  • Then again in the right pane, you can select disabled items in the Manage list, and then click Go.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,