Thread: Cannot delete flash9d.ocx

Cannot delete flash9d.ocx

Due to virus issue i had recently formatted my laptop and install Windows XP Service pack 2 again there was some problem so i reinstall operating system and i I renamed the corrupt Windows folder as Win_old. But today i have decided to delete Win_old folder as my new windows is working fine , when i try to delete System 32 folder i am getting an message as Cannot delete flash9d.ocx: Access is denied. I would appreciate assistance with this please.

Take ownership of flash9d.ocx

For deleting flash9d.ocx file you need to first take the ownership of the file and then try to delete that file for taking ownership you need to follow the below steps:-

1. Right-click on the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click on Properties.
    2. Now click on Security tab, and then click OK on the Security message, then click on Advanced, and then again click on Owner tab.
    3. If you want to take ownership of the contents of the folder, then select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box. Click on OK, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:
      • You do not have permission to read the contents of directory folder name. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control?

4. Finally click on OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and its contents.

Cannot delete flash9d.ocx

Many a times i have try to take the ownership of the file and folder and at the same time i have also downloaded CCleaner which i thought that would be helpful for me but that to was not able to delete that file. Does anyone know any other alternative method where i can delete that file because of that i am not able to delete whole folder and it's consuming lots of space on my drive.

Unable to delete flash9d.ocx

According to me taking ownership is meaningless if the file is in use. To delete it, you need to prevent Flash from loading it, in that case i would recommend you to format your hard drive and this would really solve your problem instead of wasting your time in finding any alternative solution for it.

Re: Cannot delete flash9d.ocx

Quote Originally Posted by Waman View Post
    Many a times i have try to take the ownership of the file and folder and at the same time i have also downloaded CCleaner which i thought that would be helpful for me but that to was not able to delete that file. Does anyone know any other alternative method where i can delete that file because of that i am not able to delete whole folder and it's consuming lots of space on my drive.
    Had the same problem but moved folders out system32 one level up and then could delete everything.

Ronald