Thread: VirtualBox internet connection setup

VirtualBox internet connection setup

Hello everyone,

I got a vm application named innotek virtualbox. I just installed Ubuntu, Hardy Heron, in to it as a virtual machine. Now am with an issue I can't connect to the internet when using Ubuntu in the virtual machine. How can i possibly start the connection with out any problems

Nice suggestions are appreciated.!!
    thanks.!!

Re: VirtualBox internet connection setup

Have you tried to use the Intel virtual adapter in VBox to get this to work?Might want to look at chapter 6 of the VBox users manual. It covers this there.Also you need to ensure in bridge mode, guest take place in your network, so it should have a different ip than host (and other host present), and gateway.

You have two options where you can create the settings.The first is in Vbox itself.If all you want is a simple Internet connection,confirm the Network adapter is enabled and configured to NAT.Then, after Ubuntu completes booting,visit to System Hardware setup and chose the eth0 adapter and run the setup wizard.You need to do this procedure for only single time

Well,In order to get internet in virtual xp go to "control panel" "network connections" "Local Area Connection properties, double click "internet protocol [tcp/ip]" and make change in the settings like this

*Obtain an IP address automatically

*Use the following DNS server addresses

193.140.100.210 (for Preferred)
    193.140.100.220 (for Alternate)

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I am kinda having the same problem. I have got virtualbox setup on Windows 7 (host), I have installed RHELAS4 as a guest OS. I have enabled a host-only ethernet adapter with a static IP address of 192.168.56.1 (host) and 192.168.56.2 (guest). I can ping them both fine from each other and use putty to connect from host to guest and transfer files using WINSCP. I am having trouble with connecting to my host box from my guest box as I don't know what application or commands to use to establish this connection and transfer files.

The other thing I want to do is connect to the internet from my guest machine using my host's wireless adapter. I want to keep the same static IP address on both machines to use putty and WINSCP but have the addition of having internet connection as well.

Can someone help me get this working or at least help me in getting me started.

Many Thanks

Sunny Nagra

I think that the main problem in VirtualBox internet connection setup is the Windows 7 operating system. There are many incompatibility issuse with this operating system, so this may be just another one of them. If you have a dual boot system, I mean some other operating system along with Windows 7, you can have your problem solved. For getting a dual boot system, you need to install another operating system in a different drive in your system. I suggest you to install Windows Vista as the other operating system, since you can also get rid of other incompatibility issues in Windows 7.

You query that is setting up the virtual box to the pc to internet connection is already been discussed in the guides and tutorial section. You can get he complete detailed explanation for the same. Just follow the process by clicking on the link below.

Virtual Pc internet connection.