Thread: What is installshield

What is installshield

Hi people,
    I have windows XP running on my PC. Whenever i install any software or program. i get the installshield message. I have seen it many times installing or uninstalling anything. Can nayone tell me what is installshield?

Thank you for your response.

Re: What is installshield

InstallShield is a software tool for creating installers or software packages. It is primarily used for installing software for Microsoft Windows desktop and server platforms, but it can also be used to manage software applications and packages on a variety of handheld and mobile devices.

It is a program or command used by developers to so that you can install softwares on your computer. It is used for safe and quick installation of softwares and programs. It is standard for Windows software installations and used by many software companies.

Layoh Guest

InstallShield is a software tool for creating installers or software packages. InstallShield was initially developed by Stirling Technologies. Stirling Technologies later renamed itself to InstallShield Corporation and continued to operate under the new name until Macrovision acquired the business in 2004. InstallShield was founded by Viresh Bhatia and Rick Harold. On April 1, 2008, the Macrovision Software Business Unit was sold to private equity firm Thoma Cressey Bravo, forming a new company: Acresso Software Corporation.

InstallShield is primarily used for installing software for Microsoft Windows desktop and server platforms, but it can also be used to manage software applications and packages on a variety of handheld and mobile devices. The current version, InstallShield 2010, was released to the market on June 18, 2009. InstallShield 2010 supports Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, MSI 5, and is the only installer to support Microsoft App-V, which is the widely deployed application virtualization format. There are an estimated 71,000 ISVs and enterprise customers using InstallShield to author installations on Windows platforms.