Thread: monitor wont start up after installing graphic drivers

monitor wont start up after installing graphic drivers

hiya guys and girls ....

i recently formated my hd after a virus i had and have started to re-installed all my drivers everything was working ok untill i installed my graphic card drivers after i had installed them my pc asked me to restart so i did now when my pc starts my screen goes black and says digital power saving mode ...... i have a LG Flatron w2252tq monitor and im running two nx8800gt cards in my pc , windows vista ... my set up is only 6 months old so everything is up to date and was working fine .... ive been doing a bit of hunting around but cant find a solution. i know my monitor works because i can get the screen up if i connect it to my laptop but as soon as its connected to the pc, screen goes blank , no screen so i cant get into bios , cant use recovery disc , cant system restore because i cant see anything ..

any ideas your help would be greatlly appreciated thank you

Re: monitor wont start up after installing graphic drivers

If you had formatted your computer then first thing check out that the cable are fine. The monitor must receive the signal. If the card is not able to send the display then first get the latest drivers from the official site of the Graphic card. They are available for free download. Second thing right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. In the list check that your monitor and graphic card is installed properly without any mark on them. Just try to update drivers.

Re: monitor wont start up after installing graphic drivers

thank you for your advice , turned out there was to many wires in my tower i hadnt reseated both my cards propley and i didnt see it once i removed my bridge and seated the correctly bingo back in .... now just gotta download correct drivers ....