Thread: Password and encryption software by SanDisk

Password and encryption software by SanDisk

Which are the latest software by Sandisk that provides you a password and encryption method in order to secure our access? what are the advantages and disadvantages of the software's which are provided by the sandisk? which is the best software provided by sandisk in terms of security or which one will you suggest to me as i am willing to get one ?

Re: Password and encryption software by SanDisk

I will suggest you SanDisk SecureAccess software as i am using the same this software provides you a very fast and say a simple method in order to store or protect your important files on any SanDiskĀ® USB flash drive.Your access is protected by a personal password which you can set and your files are automatically encrypted so even if you loose some confidential data you may have to not worry for the data as it is likely to open without the password.

I am using the same software for Secure Access and its working very fine to me but what i have noticed is that I am very well able to access the locked files on my same PC where i have installed the Secure Access manager but i am also able to access the locked files by a password prompt just by inserting the USB,so my question is basically that don't i have to install the Secure Access manager on the other pc's where i am using my Usb as i have installed it in my PC? and i don't want everything to be locked just then some folders is it possible like that?

As far as my knowledge if you are using it on computer where the SA manager is not installed then you have to open the drive and have to double click "RunSecureAccess.exe" which will launch the application and then and you are asked for the password for the further use but sometimes the same task is done automatically after you insert the usb any some computers which doesn't give you a chance to launch it manually.

SanDisk also has a new file encryption system which is basically a new version of CruzerLock called "CruzerLock 2" which can be used by all Cruzer USB flash drives which will provide you with security in order to protect your important documents.It can be operated on all the windows software and it also provide you with drag-and-drop functionality.

Even i have SanDisk Secure Access software but being very frank i did not like its feature as i don't think a vault is necessary for all the people,actually there are many people who are not comfortable with a vault in order to save anything.I my self feels much more comfortable using copy and paste,drag and drop functionality but this one really mess up you with Passwords and codes.

Even i am experiencing i weird thing about it,the thing is that when i am accessing the locked files it takes a lot of time as if the speed has gone low.As if i am copying any one folder into the vault say the folder size is 300 MB then it is taking 15 minutes but when i copy the same folder out side the vault then it is taking double the time to copy the same folder which seems that the encryption process is going long,which makes me fell a bit unsatisfied as well.