Thread: Analyze traffic stats WordPress

Analyze traffic stats WordPress

As a Blog owner i use Google Analytics to Analyze traffic stats of my site. But i really don't like it any more as it shows too many graphs and data which is probably not required for me. Is there any another good way to analyze the traffic statistics of the Wordpress ? I mean any Wordpress plug-in or any other software. If yes, please let me know the one. Thank you !!

Re: Analyze traffic stats WordPress

There are hundreds of plugins and services which can provide statistics about your visitors.However Google Analytics provides an incredible depth of information, it can be overwhelming and doesn't really highlight what's most interesting to me as a writer. That's why Automatic created its own stats system, to focus on just the most popular metrics a blogger wants to track and provide them in a clear and concise interface.The plug-in is WP Stats plugin.

Installing this stats plugin is much like installing Akismet, all you need is to put in your API Key and the rest is automatic.Once it's running it'll begin collecting information about your pageviews, which posts and pages are the most popular, where your traffic is coming from, and what people click on when they leave. It'll also add a link to your dashboard which allows you to see all your stats on a single page. Less is more.Finally, because all of the processing and collection runs on our servers and not yours, it doesn't cause any additional load on your hosting account. In fact, it's one of the fastest stats system, hosted or not hosted, that you can use.

To install WP Stats plugin:-
    • Upload stats.php to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
    • Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
    • It will ask you to enter your WordPress.com API key, do so.
    • Sit back and wait a few minutes for your stats to come rolling in.

It may take as long as 20 minutes the first time you use it. After that they should update every 3 minutes or so.

You can also go with Sitemeter to track site traffic statistics. I am using it and it does a great job of site wide traffic analysis easily.Site Meter's comprehensive real time website tracking and counter tools give you instant access to vital information and data about your sites audience. With our detailed reporting you'll have a clear picture of who is visiting your site, how they found you, where they came from, what interests them and much more.