Thread: How to recover a database after its been dropped

How to recover a database after its been dropped

I was working with the company's employee database and mistakenly i click on the "drop" button instead of the "empty" button. An accidental 'DROP DATABASE xxx" was happened, How could i recover dropped database and is it possible, it is very much need for me, Please help.

Re: How to recover a database after its been dropped

Select the Restore a dropped database check box to restore a database that has been dropped. At the bottom right hand you will find and and Next button Click it. Then it will displays selection page. Select the point in time to which you want to restore. Use the Date and Time fields and controls option to specify a date and time. All transactions that have been completed up to that point in time will be recovered. I'm guessing that the table space will be updated to show that the blocks that contained your tables will be marked "free", but not physically removed. Click Next to continue. The Recovery Options page is displayed. Click Next to continue. The Summary page is displayed. Click Finish to restore the database.

I can't think of a MySQL-level solution to this problem. About the only thing you can do is to try to recover at the file level, DB2 allows you to recover a database's data using a database restore operation, You can do so either graphically using the DB2 Control Center or via the command line:

db2=> create database DBSTUDY

Next, connect to the database. In the case of this sample, DBSTUDY has a user named db2admin with a password of db2admin:

The Database File refers to the physical file that contains the data the SQL server manages. This file is more than just a container for data. The datastructures could still be there, So one need a script which does a undelete. MyISAM: You need to do a file recovery on OS side (undelete). Then it could work.

Inside DB2, the database is divided into tablespaces. Database tables are assigned to these table spaces. Using mysqlbinlog on the binary logs will be able to recreate the data. In order for a dropped table to be recoverable, you have to turn on the DROPPED TABLE RECOVERY option on the table space that houses it. The Database Management System interacts and works will all the above items. This option is enabled by default for newly created data table spaces if you used the command line to create your table space.