Thread: Cannot Record Audio in Audacity

Cannot Record Audio in Audacity

In my compaq laptop Audacity is not recording any audio. I had just recently downloaded the software. I used a microphone to record the sound which is plugged in mixer. I am getting a error message. The error is "error while opening a sound device. Please check the input device." Normally I was trying to record a streaming audio to wav. I have windows vista in my system. I had selected all the options in Audacity for recording like line in, sound mapper, mic, etc.

Re: Cannot Record Audio in Audacity

Try this same in Windows Sound Recorder. It is located in Entertainment folder in Accessories. Just run a test recording. If the sound is recorded then it means the problem is with Audacity. But if not then there can be a hardware issue also. Go to the volume icon in the system tray and double click it. Then in the Master Volume windows click on Options > Properties. Now in the box select Rear, Front, Mic and see weather the volume is not set low. Increase the volume and then try again to record.

Does Audacity hangs at the time of recording. The best option will be to re-install the application back again. And then check the volume indicators which are set to full volume. Test your mic. Then after a fresh installation launch Audacity and to Edit. Then click on Preferences and select Audio I/O. The make sure that your sound card is selected. Also check that you have mic listed in the audio mixer and it not unmuted.

Just import the song and click on record. Then adjust the settings in the volume area. The audio mixer in audacity offers you all the tools and settings to use the application. Set the volume to full at the time of recording. The problem can also in the sound card. Just update the drivers and try again. When I got the similar problem the issue was with the software. After a fresh installation everything works fines.

Dylan18 Guest

try to use Macvide Audio Recorder.It’s prog can records many different formats )

photo recovery Guest

Recovery Data

I want to know how I can record in stereo. I have recorded through the sound card on another Operating System.

arleen

1. Make sure you're using a stereo mic.

2. Audacity's line-in is always stereo for me, so make sure you have line-in selected.