Thread: Pro and Cons of Drive Image tool

Pro and Cons of Drive Image tool

Hi,
    I want to know what are the Pros and Cons of a Drive Image software. There are many types of a drive image tools. So which is the good on to use. Like Drive ImageXML, R Drive Image, Symantec Drive Image, etc. What are the features of this software's and what are the limitations of this tools. Which one is the good for use.

Re: Pro and Cons of Drive Image tool

I am using Drive XML. It is a freeware tool that can be used for back up and restoring partitioning of drives. This can be done from windows or by bootable way. The software uses Microsoft Volume Shadow Services which enables the administrator to image the drives which are mounted already. This also includes the system volume. The same image restoration can be done in windows mode. As I am concerned I not found any error in this tool.

If you thing R Drive Image tool then it is a right choice. The main function of this software is to create a clone of a hard drive and then the same image file is used to restore it back again. The best thing about the tool is that it creates clone of disk sector by sector. It gives you an open tool which creates backup of a drive. The same image file can be compressed and save spaces. Protect the data by adding a password. The interface of the software is very easy to use and simple. You can create a bootable disk out of it. Not great for partitioning service.

The selection of tool depend on your need. What you want to actually do. Like you just need a back or you need a power full tool for partitioning then choose as per the feature. As far as I am concerned I will go with DriveImage XML. It is very easy to use and a reliable imaging program. The features of this software is that it can create a backup of logical drives, you can browse this image file and extract a particular file, restore backup easily, drive to drive copy, etc.