Thread: Create Avi from DVD by Nero 7

Create Avi from DVD by Nero 7

Hi,
    I have a some DVD videos. This videos are related to a tutorial lecture. I want to add up this videos on a site. So I think avi is best format for it. Is there a way by which I can create a avi from DVD video by nero. Because I am using Nero 7 in my computer and don't know to use any other converter. What are the steps and instructions required to be followed for conversion. Thanks.

Re: Create Avi from DVD by Nero 7

I don't think so Nero can do that. Nero can create a DVD or CD movies from any format. It is specialized in burning and making CD/DVD's. It is not a encoder which can give you an output to any format. You will have to use a third party tool which you can download form internet. There are numerous software which can do this. For example try BitRipper. It is a freeware version which is used to create a AVI out of DVD. Very simple and easy to use tool. No need of any extra codec.

BittRipper Download

Use DVDx for that. Nero cannot do that. It is only burn DVD from various format. You can download a freeware of this software from the official site of DVDx. It is a best tool to generate multiple formats from a DVD file. Only thing you need to take care that you should have XviD or DivX drivers. Every thing is in gui mode so the wizard guides you for the entire process.

You will need a third party converter other than Nero. Because Nero is a burning tool but not a independent encoder. Auto GK is a tool which is used to create Avi format out of a DVD. This is a freeware and every effective software. It supports multiple types of conversion. It supports mpeg2 sources like HDTV, DVB etc. You will need DivX or XviD for this.
    Download Auto GK