Thread: How to recover MSN Messenger conversation?

How to recover MSN Messenger conversation?

I am using msn messenger 7.5. I want to recover my conversations that i have had with other people. Any setting required in menu or need to send request to MSN to recover msn messenger conversation history? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: How to recover MSN Messenger conversation?

Go to Start, Search, choose "All files and Folders." In the "A word or phrase in the file" box, type a few words from the conversation. When you search for files that contain text by using the A word or phrase in the file search criterion the search results may not contain files that contain the text that you specified. From there click "More Advanced Options" and choose "Search System Folders" as well as "Search Hidden Files and Folders" and "Search Subfolders." If a log exists, that should find it.

To recover msn messenger conversation history select the Tools menu In MSN Messenger, Options... menu item, and then the Messages tab.Select the Automatically keep a record of my conversations checkbox, and, if desired, you can also select the Show my last conversation in new conversation windows one. Check box will allow you to save your message history at given path you can change that path, if it is incorrect.Click the OK button at the bottom of the window.

Open MSN Instant Messenger > click "Show Menu" >Go to "Tools" and select "Options." Check the box "Automatically keep a history of my conversations." The files will all end with ".XML". Not to worry, Internet Explorer can open these files and will display them properly.