Thread: Create a folder in Hotmail

Create a folder in Hotmail

I am using hotmail, Windows Live Hotmail account automatically comes with folder but is ther any way to create extra folder on a hotmail account. E mails coming from sender goes to that folder instead of inbox. Can nay one tell me how do i make a folder on hotmail?

Re: Create a folder in Hotmail

To make a folder on hotmail, click on the 'Manage Folders' link that appears in the column on the left when you sign into hotmail. After clicking on that folder select he option given in the tool bar and create new folder.

To add a new folder in Windows Live Hotmail:
    Click Manage folders.
    As soon as you clicked Folder..., Hotmail creates a new folder at the very bottom of your folder listing.
    Enter the name of Folder : New folder
    Click Save.

First open up hotmail, On the left hand side of the screen, there will be an option called "Manage Folders." Click on Manage Folders.Select folder and this will take you to the next screen, type in your chosen name for the folder and press ok.

tiniki Guest

I found the solution on google! FYI.

The leftmost button on Hotmail's toolbar has two click areas: clicking the New button itself will create a new email message. Click instead on the downward-pointing arrow, which will display a menu: under the New menu, choose Folder.

As soon as you clicked Folder..., Hotmail creates a new folder at the very bottom of your folder listing. The folder name is editable, and selected: start typing over the new folder's name you want. Finish by hitting Enter to finalize your folder name choice.

The folder will disappear, at least apparently: this is because Hotmail places your new folder in its proper alphabetical position as soon as you hit Enter. Any email folder you created will be visible right below the Deleted folder. Check your folder listing: the folder you just created should be right there.