Thread: Free/Busy Information not displayed in Outlook 2003

Free/Busy Information not displayed in Outlook 2003

hello,

I have installed Microsoft Outlook 2003 in my Windows operating system. I need to access free and busy information, but unfortunately the application is not allowing me to access these information. I don't understand what is the reason ? Can anybody please explain what is the issue for this as well as help me how can I access free and busy information ?

Any ideas/suggestions......kindly help
    thanks

Re: Free/Busy Information not displayed in Outlook 2003

There are three possible conditions that causes free and busy information not to be displayed on your Outlook 2003. They are :-

1. By default, Outlook updates your Free/Busy time every 15 minutes. If the update is not complete, others will not see your appointment as busy time.
    2. Outlook publishes your Free/Busy time for only the next two months. If your appointment is beyond the published limit, others will not see your appointment as busy time.
    3. If the appointment Show Time As property is set to Free, others will not see your appointment as busy time.

To resolve this, check this - link

The main cause of not displaying free and busy information on Outlook 2003 is when the user with whom you are trying to schedule the meeting has not published their free/busy information on the Internet. To resolve this, I think you need to - goto ESM on the Exchange 2003 systems and add the Exchange 2007 server as a replica to the schedule plus free/busy system folder as well as its sub folders.

Follow these steps to resolve :-

1. On the Tools menu -- click Options >> Calendar Options.
    2. Click Free/Busy Options >> select the Publish My Free/Busy Information check box.
    3. In the Publish At This URL box -- type the URL for the Web site. Currently Outlook supports the FTP protocol.

1. You can also specify advance information in the "Publish <n> Months of Calendar Information on the Server" box, where <n> is the number of months to be published. The default setting is two months.
    2. In the "Update free/busy information on the server every <n> minutes" box, type the interval (in minutes) at which you want to update the Calendar information. The default setting is 15 minutes.
    3. In the Search At This URL box, type a Web address for a default server to be searched for free/busy information. NOTE: This step is optional and depends on your Web site configuration.