Thread: Too many process in a Task Manager

Too many process in a Task Manager

Hi,
    My computer is working extremely slow. The speed is almost bad. I am using Windows XP. Other than this I have Norton Internet Security. My system configuration is 256Mb of RAM, Intel Dual Core Processor, Gigabyte Motherboard and LG DVD RW. I am mainly using media tools and some animation software. Now like Maya or 3D studio but to create a simple flash animations. When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it shows a long list of process. The process are eating up the RAM. What can I do here to get speed.

Re: Too many process in a Task Manager

This because you have installed many applications. Try to this. First go to Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Clean up. Run it and delete all the temporary files. Then in the same folder you can see Disk Defrag. Defrag you hard disk you can get some speed. Now go in Task Manger and see that which application is using more speed. If it not related to windows and antivirus then end the process. Removing unnecessary software's like games, screen savers, etc can boost up your system.

The problem is with your anti virus. Norton eats up more memory. As a anti virus it runs continuously in the background and scan your system. I will recommend you to increase you RAM. At least to 1 GB. This will increase your system speed. Other their is another option. But that needs formatting. Re-install Windows and your software's. Then create a Ghost file of the entire system. Whenever you feel that your system is extremely slow or your pc is infected then just run the Ghost file. It will restore back your entire operating system.

There are multiple reason for a slow system. The Task Manager shows you the list of those applications which are installed and currently running in your computer. Now go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Add/Remove Program and remove all the unnecessary applications. Like system scanners, updater, screen saver's, etc. Uninstall those software's which you feel that are not needed. Then restart your system and check back again.