Thread: Download SolidWorks 2006 for Windows XP

Download SolidWorks 2006 for Windows XP

Hi,
    I want to download SolidWorks 2006. I have a Windows XP PC with 1GB RAM. I am already using AutoCad in my system. I had found the software in a different computer and found it very interesting. I want to explore and try it. What are the features of this software. And in what part is better than AutoCad. I was looking for a 3D modeling tool. Currently I am engaged in AutoCad to design 2D models. Does SolidWork is fine in the case of 3D modeling and other work. Well does it also support AutoCad features. Thanks in advance.

Re: Download SolidWorks 2006 for Windows XP

SolidWorks is a leading 3D Design Software that can allow you to create better design in a faster way. The premium edition of this tool has chanical CAD qualities. This new feature makes it full functional and entirely a CAD support tools. Like the SolidWorks Intelligent Feature Technology helps you to create more well designs and then you can also analyze in details about the model you had created. It has a small Command Manager window like in AutoCad and also has similar function too. So it is usually easy to learn. The tool has a friendly user interface. You can also convert AutoCad file to 3D models. You can add up dynamic effects and other lifelike looks. Along with this there are many other additional tools.

SolidWorks in a perfect tool for 3D modeling. It is widely used and easy to learn for those who are familiar with AutoCad. You can simply get a Demo version from the official site and have a feel of it. The application is fully of new features needed to generate a better 3D model in modern times. Like Design Validation ability. The features are Assembly Simulation, Mechanism Simulation, Simulate Welded Structures and Tolerance Stack-up Validation. This terms are needed and gives you a detailed platform for your work.

If you want to go for 2D modeling and designing then AutoCad is the best tool and if you want both 2D and 3D modeling and designing with much advance features and effects then SolidWorks is the ideal choice. The tools is equipped with tons of new features and supports. You can just add up life like effect and other motions to your project. This gives a broader concept for your modeling work. The tool works fine with AutoCad.