Thread: vLite for Windows 7

vLite for Windows 7

Hi to all of you around here,

I'm using windows 7 rc for last month, its really nice, feels like vlite version of windows vista, its faster and lighter, so can we use the vLite with windows 7? , I want to create unattended installation of windows 7. Does anyone around here have any info about this? If yes then please post here. Thank you very much for any help.

Re: vLite for Windows 7

I have used vLite with windows vista , i don't know if there is any release for windows 7 also. If there will be any release then i think name should be 7Lite.

News of 29 April 2009,

No plans for ‘7Lite’ reveals vLite creator

The author of the popular nLite and vLite programs for trimming Windows XP and Vista down to size says he currently has no plans to release a similar tool for Windows 7.

And although vLite does work with Windows 7 beta builds, there’s obvious interest in an updated program tailored for Windows 7. But don’t hold your breath.

“For now vLite for (Windows) 7 is unlikely purely due to lack of time” Dino Nuhagic told APCmag in an email interview. “With my new full-time job I don't have much time for my programs.”

While Nuhagic allowed that “this (situation) might change”, he says that Windows 7 is certainly a step in the right direction for those wanting a slimmer OS. “7 is better than Vista in regards of user-perceived performance. Also I like the bigger removable component list (in the Control Panel).”

But Nuhagic’s not ruling out the development of a 7Lite to trim the fat from Windows 7. “Until it’s Minwin with a few chosen components on top of it I will not rest! ” he writes.
    Source: apcmag.com

Yeah I've read of successes with vLite with Windows 7 as well. Vlite program recognizes Windows 7 as Windows Vista and is therefor compatible with it. A video has been posted to Youtube that demonstrates the whole process. While it is possible to create a Windows 7 Lite installation with Vlite everyone should understand that Vlite has not been specifically designed to work with Windows 7. This could lead to errors or not-working installations if the wrong components are selected for removal.

Video Tutorial Windows 7 Lite