Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Acer erecovery management

Windows Software

Old 27-07-2009

Acer erecovery management

Hello,

I have new PC ACER Aspire M 3610 but having problem with the Acer eRecovery management. However i tried to interrupt the operation and turned off the PC while working, it had barely started the process.
Now, the PC shows error : Disk error Press Ctrl Alt Del, but there is nothing to get from the PC.

There is no way to launch a Recovery Console in Windows Vista? What is the combination of keys?

Thank you in advance.

Old 27-07-2009

Re: Acer erecovery management

Acer laptops use a custom Master Boot Record (MBR) that allows you to use the Alt-F10 to initialize the recovery procedure. Also Alt-F10 uses the hidden PQSERVICE partition found on the hard drive.

When you zeroed the disk you not only erased the custom MBR which is needed for Alt-F10, but you also erased the recovery partition (PQSERVICE)
Now when you use the recovery CD's you are only restoring Windows, and not the custom MBR and PQSERVICE check here for details Acer eRecovery not working
Old 27-07-2009

For me the same failure for partition and my acer says invalid drive letter something like this the ALT + F10 at startup, it works (I noticed small little or partition cache when I see this error is "invalid .....", So I copied all of this partition on another DD,that help me so just try Alt + F10 fo Acer erecovery management
Old 27-07-2009

Acer laptops use a custom Master Boot Record (MBR) that allows you to use the Alt-F10 to initialize the recovery procedure. Also Alt-F10 uses the hidden PQSERVICE partition found on the hard drive.

When you zeroed the disk you not only erased the custom MBR which is needed for Alt-F10, but you also erased the recovery partition (PQSERVICE)
Now when you use the recovery CD's you are only restoring Windows, and not the custom MBR and PQSERVICE try here for more Acer eRecovery not working
Old 06-02-2011

I put a password on my aspire 3610 laptop and forgot what it is, is there anyway I can by pass it so that I can get into my laptop, it starts up shows Acer and then immediatly ask for password.
Old 06-02-2011

Well, the very first and simple way to bypass any of your system password is by removing the CMOS battery. See if you can do that. Or else, just follow the steps mentioned in these articles:
Bypassing windows 7 password acer aspire one
Acer security password problem
How to recover BIOS password of Laptop Acer Aspire 3610

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,