Thread: What is a Torrent File?

What is a Torrent File?

I am downloading a torrent file from BitTorrent, but i want to know what is a torrent file ,is it good ? I have installed windows xp on my system.

Re: What is a Torrent File?

A torrent file itself is simply a "stub" that contains information about the file to which it was created. A torrent is also a small file that when used with a bittorrent client, tells the client how to find the and download the software it corresponds to. A torrent file is simply information to download a file via the bittorrent protocol. A seeder is a computer that has already downloaded the file, and is providing the download to other leechers.A torrent can have two meanings. The first meaning is when you download/share a file via the bittorrent protocol, that file is called a torrent.

A torrent is a type of computer file. The .torrent file extension denotes a file that contains the basic information for another file or another set of files. The basic information stored in a torrent file includes the name of the file(s), the date of creation and a list of trackers (see below for more information on trackers). Every torrent file has a unique information hash, which means that no file (or set of files) will have the exact same information hash. hope you get some idea.
    SweetIM

Torrents or BitTorrents are files shared with the BitTorrent peer-to-peer network. This torrent file acts as a pointer to the bit torrent client you are using to get the correct data from the person(s) who has it.Peer-to-peer means that the files are shared by individual computers on the network rather than stored on one central server.