Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is a Torrent File?

Windows Software

Old 27-07-2009

What is a Torrent File?

I am downloading a torrent file from BitTorrent, but i want to know what is a torrent file ,is it good ? I have installed windows xp on my system.

Old 27-07-2009

Re: What is a Torrent File?

A torrent file itself is simply a "stub" that contains information about the file to which it was created. A torrent is also a small file that when used with a bittorrent client, tells the client how to find the and download the software it corresponds to. A torrent file is simply information to download a file via the bittorrent protocol. A seeder is a computer that has already downloaded the file, and is providing the download to other leechers.A torrent can have two meanings. The first meaning is when you download/share a file via the bittorrent protocol, that file is called a torrent.
Old 27-07-2009

A torrent is a type of computer file. The .torrent file extension denotes a file that contains the basic information for another file or another set of files. The basic information stored in a torrent file includes the name of the file(s), the date of creation and a list of trackers (see below for more information on trackers). Every torrent file has a unique information hash, which means that no file (or set of files) will have the exact same information hash. hope you get some idea.
Old 27-07-2009

Torrents or BitTorrents are files shared with the BitTorrent peer-to-peer network. This torrent file acts as a pointer to the bit torrent client you are using to get the correct data from the person(s) who has it.Peer-to-peer means that the files are shared by individual computers on the network rather than stored on one central server.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,