Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Removing user directory on Visa

Windows Software

Old 26-07-2009

Removing user directory on Visa

Hello all.

Running Vista Business and had a user profile (Andy) with a folder size of approx 2.4 gb.

Due to a virus the profile became corrupted and I tried to remove the user but the directory won't delete.

I have tried to give the administrator logon access but it still won't give me permission to delete the file and it's leaving me with a shortage of hard drive space!

What can I do to remove the directory and all sub folders?? Driving me mad!

Thanks

Andy.

Old 27-07-2009

Re: Removing user directory on Visa

Here is a simple way to delete a user profile from the vista. But first you will need to ensure that you are logged in as administrator. Then turn off UAC from control panel. After that right click on My computer and then select properties. Now go to Advanced settings and then select settings under user profiles. Now select your user and press delete.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,