Thread: cannot delete blank page in word

cannot delete blank page in word

I edited a document which became smaller and left a blank a page and now word wont let me delete it? The document was made up of header and footer and word will not let me delete it unless if I remove they are entirely removed from the document. So can anyone tell why I cant delete blank page in word if I keep the headers and footers inside the documents?
    Gunz Dont Kill PEOPLE

I Do........

Re: cannot delete blank page in word

You can delete a blank page in a Word document by deleting the page break. You can also combine two pages by deleting the page break between them.

Make sure you're in normal view (on the View menu, click Normal). If nonprinting characters, such as paragraph markers (¶), are not visible, click Show/Hide on the Standard toolbar, and then do one of the following:

1. To delete a page manually, select the page break at the end of the page, and then press DELETE.
    2. To delete a blank page at the end of the document, select the page break or any paragraph markers (¶) at the end of the document, and then press DELETE.
    3. To delete a page break placed before a specific paragraph, click the paragraph, and then on the Format menu, click Paragraph, click the Line and Page Breaks tab, and then clear the Page break before check box.

More information here.

I suggest that you press the key to the left of the zoomsquare, so that you can see all the formatting. Then you can use delete as much as you want without risking to loose anything. Another way is to copy and paste to a new doc, first the start and then the ending. Also at the last typed line, hit the delete key until the next blank page goes away.