Thread: Roxio Setup Error code 04C7 during installation

Roxio Setup Error code 04C7 during installation

I have just Downloaded the Roxio Software From Internet , when i try to install it from the Windows directory , I got this Error message that Setup has Encounter an Error , the Error code was 04C7 please Help me Thanks in advance

Re: Roxio Setup Error code 04C7 during installation

Clean Installation of Creator 9 & 10 on Windows XP

How to perform a clean install for Easy Media Creator versions 7.5 and higher on Windows XP. These instructions will also work with other Roxio based products based on these versions of Creator, such as MyDVD, RecordNow and Videowave.

The following steps will completely remove any Roxio and Sonic software from your computer.

1. Disable your startup applications using MSCONFIG. This will disable any unnecessary background or system tray applications from loading.
      • Go to Start -> Run. Type "msconfig" (without quotes) then click OK.
      • Select the Startup tab.
      • Click the Disable All button.
      • Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.
      • Click the Restart button.

To reverse this at the end of installation, go back into MSCONFIG and select Enable All and restart (that can be done once installation is complete).

Note: Some anti virus/spyware programs may not be disabled using the steps listed above. You may need to check with your anti virus/spyware vendor on how to temporarily disable them.

2. Remove any Roxio and Sonic programs from Add or Remove Programs or use the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility (recommended) if you receive a certificate file error while trying to remove the Roxio program.
      • Click here to go to the Microsoft Windows Installer Clean Up Utility download page.
      • Scroll down to and click on Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now.
      • Click on Save and choose to save it on your Desktop.
      • On your Desktop, double-click on msicuu2.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
      • Click on Start -> All programs -> Windows Install Clean up.
      • Select Roxio Easy Media Creator, DirectXServiceInstall, and any entry started with Roxio or Sonic.
      • Click on Remove.

3. For the step below you will need to show hidden files. This can be done by clicking on my computer then go up and click on Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab. Make sure show hidden folders is selected and click Apply.
    4. Delete these folders from your hard drive.

For Complete Information

Re: Roxio Setup Error code 04C7 during installation

Hello , They also Seem to offer a Premium Support

If the solution does not resolve your issue, you can call the Premium Tech Support line at 1-866-434-9871 (Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays) for $1.89 a minute (complete details).