Thread: Find nbi file on DVD

Find nbi file on DVD

I did a Nero back up of hdd a few months ago, unfortunately when i go to use the restore wizard it says i need a .nbi file which i cannot find on the disks , I seem to have lost the *nbi file , How can I retrieve some files from these DVD's? Thanks for any help.

Re: Find nbi file on DVD

NBI file is a Nero BackItUp Information File. Nero BackItUp is a program for backing up and restoring data.

Refer to this document for more info : Nero BackItUp

First try running the Nrestore.exe in what ever language it will run under. The screen language will not be in english but you should be able to select the files to restore if the Nero backitup screen comes up since the file names are in English. All you would need to do is figure out which button is the restore button. Kind of strange the .exe file is not already in English. You could also try the restore with nero 8 but not sure that will work without the nbi file. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Source: Nero.com

Just google this problem and ofund the following solution , see if it works Backed up with NERO without access to the *.nbi file

Assuming that your DVD is labeled drive E on your computer,

At a command prompt , change to the "\program files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero Backitup" (or wherever you installed NERO) directory, then type...

Backitup.exe /NEW:Restore /PATHLIST:"E:\2*;"

how would i do this with nero 9. i have been trying to fig it out for some time now. i have my pictures backedup to 4 dvds and none of them have the .nbi file on them just the .nba and the txt files. and nero 9 wont let me do it throught the smartstart auto restor option saying that i need the .nbi. the backups were made in 2006 on an older nero would i need to get an older version of nero for it to work. thanks