Thread: Back up My Documents to External Drive with Acronis

Back up My Documents to External Drive with Acronis

Hello,

I have Windows XP Pro x64. Have just bought a Toshiba 320 GB external hard drive. I have heard about Acronis as a good backup utility. I had to test Acronis in Safe version using the backup file on a separate partition of my local drive because Acronis did not recognize my external drive using the Full version as it was suppose to. Also what are the best methods to use In Acronis true image 10 for backing up to my external hard drive. I want to back up My Documents to external drive with Acronis. If anyone can answer my question, I would be very very grateful.

Re: Back up My Documents to External Drive with Acronis

Acronis True Image Home will provide for selecting one of successive incremental backups by its creation date/time. Once you have an external device to back up your files you could simply copy your important files by dragging your files from your My Documents to the external drive. If you still have problem call Acronis support.

I recommend a Genie Backup Manger as per your requirements mentioned above and for backing up all your really important information on an external drive (thumb drive or whatever) or CD/DVD-RW often.

Properly made Acronis image backups can enable you to completely restore your system either replacing the existing data or writing it onto a new drive. I'm using ghosting software such as Norton Ghost for over an year now and it works great for me. It's a bit more expensive, but I think it's worth the money. I tried Acronis too before buying, but found it a bit cumbersome.