Thread: How to create water drops in Adobe Photoshop

How to create water drops in Adobe Photoshop

Hi,
    Does any one know how to create water drops in Adobe Photoshop. I want to add some water drops in images imitating a rain scene. That is a essential pic in my project work. I had seen all the options of Photoshop but I could not get a water drop tool. Is there a manual way by which I can add up a water drop to it. Otherwise does there is a add on for doing this work. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to create water drops in Adobe Photoshop

To create water drops in the image you can use Adobe Photoshop's option of effective layer blending. First get a black color with a sharp brush and put on several small dots of different size. Then by using keys [ ] try to change the size of brush. Now go to filter > Distort > Wave menu and see the similar values. Now add a reflection effect to the drops.

In just few simple steps I will guide you to create water drops on Photoshop. First open a image and set it in the back ground. I will recommend you to use 400 X 250 pixels at 72dpi. Now from the keyboard press D and set the background as default. Go to Filter > Render > Clouds. Then in the same way Filter > Stylize > Find edges. Here adust the image. You can see the option in Image > Adjust > Levels. After that to create drops go to Filter > Sketch > Plaster. After that choose a magic-wand tool and set the proper settings. I use 10.

Follow the instructions below to get Water drops on your images with the help of Photoshop. There is no need of adding up any additional tools for the same. First as usual create a layer. Add a transparent background. Then change the Blending Mode. Go to Blending Options by Layer Palette. You can access it by right clicking on the layer. Then in it click on new style and add the name as water. The close it. After to create water drops add a white background by inserting a new layer. Use the brush tool and put drops of diameter 13px. Go to Windows > Styles and apply the changes.