Thread: IE7 has to emulate IE6 to open secure websites

IE7 has to emulate IE6 to open secure websites

Hello,

I installed Windows Vista Ultimate on my computer.the issue is IE7 cannot open any secure website.I can't access even an email.The only thing I could find is to simulate Internet Explorer to another version?.IE7 Users: A new tool is available to change the User-Agent string, and optionally report the sites that block IE7 to Microsoft for followup.Otherwise, run one of the following scripts and restart all browser instances to see the change. Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP,Internet Explorer 7,Undo User-Agent registry overrides.When click "new tool" it download a file, I do not know what to do with?this pulling my hair out..guys please help me in this regard

Advance thanks.!!

Re: IE7 has to emulate IE6 to open secure websites

Can you try Query Launcher though am not tested it on Vista. It seems bizarre that you can't access even your mails, this does not seems to be an IE7 not ready web site problem.Attempt to add these sites to your trusted zone and check that they have not been placed in your restricted zone already.On work computers there are group policy settings to add sites to security zones and these sites do not appear in a users security zone sites list, so if this is a work computer it could be that the boss is trying to stop you from personal surfing on work time

You can possibly use Mozilla Firefox which does not have issues with FF and secure sites. May be serve ser Agent String Utility Version 2 for this it is a fix from Microsoft KB articles you did not break it you just need a working, reliable browser.

Well, Microsoft actually seems to have done the hacking for us. you may use a utility provided by Microsoft to emulate Internet Explorer 6 while using Internet Explorer 7.

Click here to download User Agent String Utility packageand save the file to a directory on your machine's hard drive. run it to place a "User Agent String Utility" icon on your desktop.Now Close any open instances of Internet Explorer.Double-click the "User Agent String Utility" icon on your desktop during installation.choose the Change Settings button in the dialog . This opens Internet Explorer 7 in a mode that emulates Internet Explorer 6.