Thread: Error in Saving Pictures

Error in Saving Pictures

Just got a new laptop yesterday. Transferred some digital pictures from camera to Photo Gallery. Tried to save the pictures after editing and continue to get "An error is preventing Photo Gallery from saving this picture". No matter where I move a pic, I cannot save an edited version. Any idea how to handle this situation?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Error in Saving Pictures

Can you let us know about your operating system, model & make of your Camera & the Software you are using to edit the images? How are you moving the images from camera to your Computer? May the images are not moved to your computer & you are trying to edit them & this is the reason you are not able to save the images after editing. Try saving the images with a new name & see if it works for you.
    IF YOU CAN'T Convince THEM ...

CONFUSE THEM ...

Right click on the picture and then click Properties. Un-select "Read only file" box. Click also security and see if you have the administrator permission on your users account.

For any other information: Error while saving images in Photo Gallery

Try this:

1. Open Task Manager by right-clicking on the taskbar on the bottom of your screen and choosing Task Manager from the menu.

2. Click on the Processes Tab along the top of the Task Manager screen.

3. In the Processes Tab, find the button in the lower left of the screen that says "Show processes from all users" and click it. Click "Continue" at the UAC prompt that comes up.

4. The screen should go dark for a moment, then return with many more processes listed. Click on the column "Command Line" to sort the list and look for:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe"

The description in the next column over will read:

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service

5. Click to select this process. Then click the "End Process" button in the lower right of the screen. Confirm "End Process" as necessary.

You should now be able to save your changes to your pictures normally. The bad news is that this has to be done each time you start or restart Vista. And I don't know how to prevent the situation from loading in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by madjack View Post
    Can you let us know about your operating system, model & make of your Camera & the Software you are using to edit the images? How are you moving the images from camera to your Computer? May the images are not moved to your computer & you are trying to edit them & this is the reason you are not able to save the images after editing. Try saving the images with a new name & see if it works for you.
    Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit; software to edit photos is the Photo Gallery where it exported to. I tried to copy the edited picture to another program and the error message comes up again...I also tried to name the images with a new name and that didn't work either...I will try again tonight when I get home (from a Sony camera-laptop is a Sony) but I wonder if the photo gallery is corrupted and maybe I need to download it again. I can't access the internet on the laptop while at work.

Actually I just said camera but should have said scanner (Pandigital). You scan pictures onto the SD card and then transfer those pictures to the laptop. I am at work so can't see if it will work correctly exporting from a camera. Also, I think somehow that I messed up setting up the computer with an administrative account and giving myself a standard user account. For some reason my computer is not acknowledging that either one is the main administrative account. I am seriously thinking about taking this computer back and forgetting it. I bought the laptop to create dvds of old pictures and to use on vacation. Now the main reason I bought it, it won't even work. Also, it doesn't have Microsoft Movie Maker just the DVD Maker like my desktop computer (one year old).

Quote Originally Posted by Blazej View Post
    Right click on the picture and then click Properties. Un-select "Read only file" box. Click also security and see if you have the administrator permission on your users account.

For any other information: Error while saving images in Photo Gallery
    It only says archive...read only box is not checked....

You are not able to say the pictures due to the user account restriction. You mentioned that you messed up something... Well you will need to be logged in as an administrator or an account which has administrator rights...

I chatted with four techs last night from Sony. The problem is even though I am signed in as an administrator, when I try to check the two permission boxes, it won't work. They even had me disabled the users feature which allows anyone to have administrative rights and that didn't work. On my desktop I usually work with pics in the HP program that came with the computer...last night I thought I would see if I could edit pics in Windows Photo Gallery on that photo and I couldn't there either...went through the same steps with that computer and it is a no go...will not allow me to edit pictures...and it is not in read only mode either...I finally told them I was tired and went to bed...I guess I will check microsoft today to see why I can't check those two permission boxes..ugh...hate this but so thankful for everyone's help.