Thread: How to disable kodak easyshare at startup

How to disable kodak easyshare at startup

Hi,

I have installed the Kodak Easyshare software on xp computer that came with my C330 camera. kodak easy share starts automatically when i turn on or restart my computer. I followed the instructions to disable but when I highlight any program (ie Kodak Easy Share) the remove - disable -enable buttons are greyed out and don't work. I think the software modified an important system file! How do I disable kodak easyshare at startup. Anyone got any similar problem with this software? Thanks for any replies!

Re: How to disable kodak easyshare at startup

If a program doesn't have a setting to not put the icon on the tray then preventing it from starting is the only way I know of to eliminate the icon. Click your "Start" button, choose "Run", type "msconfig" (without quotes) and hit the start up tab and disable your kodak program by unchecking the box, be careful what else you disable. Then restart your pc.

To disable kodak easyshare at startup, download and install the current version. Always check a manufacturer's website for the current version of any software for any computer product you buy. Open the program and see if there is an option in the Preferences for the Program Starting. Use add / remove to uninstall the Kodak software, run tune up registry clean up, try the file from the Kodak site now tune up has fixed errors

You can manually delete kodak easyshare at startup, "msconfig" entry from here: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Check the programs options or preferences to see if it has an option to start when Windows starts and turn it off. If there is none then remove it from the startup folder. Then you will be able to remove it from the registry.