Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-07-2009

Change Analysis Diagnostic Tool on Windows Server 2003

I have recently downloaded Change Analysis Diagnostic tool on my Windows 2003 server. I wanted to install it on my server but it failed. It says I can't move forward because my server is already having the higher update then this. If it is like that then what is the use of this tool? Well I think this is a tool and so there is no relation with the updates that I have. Am I right?
Old 22-07-2009

Re: Change Analysis Diagnostic Tool on Windows Server 2003

The Change Analysis Diagnostic tool helps solve problems that users experience because of changes to their computers. These problems may be the result of updates, new software, or changes to hardware. These problems could lead to issues that include slow performance and crashes.

The Change Analysis Diagnostic tool is especially helpful when:
  • Users may not be aware of recent changes to their computers.
  • Users may not understand the relevance of recent changes.
  • Users may be frustrated when support professionals ask them for detailed system information.
  • Users may be unable to provide accurate information about recent changes.
  • The user takes a long time to read computer information over the telephone.
Old 22-07-2009

Thank you chroma for that information. So that means I can use this tool to test my computer and check which software is causing the problem to my computer or what is causing the system to fail. Is it possible for me to remove any malicious softwares which might have installed by mistakenly along with other software or without my notice? If so, then can you provide me the way to do this?
Old 22-07-2009

The tool just displays you the information about changes to a computer. Please note that:
  • The Change Analysis Diagnostic tool is not a security tool and so it could not help you to remove malicious software.
  • You cannot use the Change Analysis Diagnostic tool to automatically reverse system settings, to uninstall applications, or to remove any other software.
  • The Change Analysis Diagnostic tool does not provide all changes to computers.
  • The Change Analysis Diagnostic tool does not recover any system components.
  • The Change Analysis Diagnostic tool will not function in Safe Mode.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,