Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Excel Temporary file not auto deleted

Windows Software

Old 22-07-2009

Excel Temporary file not auto deleted

hi
i am working in network share with 7 computer connected recently i have observed that after saving and exiting excel the temporary file exist there it is not auto deleted .can any one tell me why this happening ?
thank you

Old 22-07-2009

Re: Excel Temporary file not auto deleted

A temporary file is a file that is created to temporarily store information in order to free memory for other purposes, or to act as a safety net to prevent data loss when a program performs certain functions. For example, Word determines automatically where and when it needs to create temporary files. so there might be chance that some registry files got corrupted so make sure every thing working in good condition...for more check here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211632
Old 22-07-2009

Microsoft files create a temp when you open a document so you can modify excel preferences. Also check your folders sharing options in some cases files not delete in the folder, then the temp file get created but never delete
Old 22-07-2009

I have observed this and mainly after undated office 2003 with 2007 compatible patch from Microsoft but i never think about it try to Checked the Tools/Options and verified that nothing has been checkmarked to save back up.
Old 12-03-2011

Is there a way to stop the tmep files from being created in Excel 2010?
Old 13-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSResnick View Post
Is there a way to stop the tmep files from being created in Excel 2010?
The temp file that is created is generally for the version history and is an Office feature. Generally these temporary files will be deleted when the file is closed. What version Windows are you running? Under folder options view tab you can try to change it to do not show hidden files and folders or if you have TrendMicro antivirus then simply try to turn it off.
Old 13-03-2011

Win 7 64Bit with Office 2010.
James, I solved the problem. I turned off indexing in the effected folders.
Old 19-12-2011

smile Re: Excel Temporary file not auto deleted

Check if the user has deletion rights on that folder.
Old 20-12-2011

I used Windows (Win 7 HP 64) Help and got the whole story. Thanks to all that replied.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,