Thread: what happens if i hold down the shift key in word

what happens if i hold down the shift key in word

What will happen if I hold key the shift key down for some period of time in Microsoft office word file , I have not tried out because i was thinking that it may create any problem, but i heard that holding key provides some short cut methods in Microsoft word, please suggest if it is right.

Re: what happens if i hold down the shift key in word

If "You have held the shift key down for more than 8 seconds" and then there is a multiple choice to be made involving 'filter keys' but I don't think that just holding the shift keys will have any adverse effect on your system. If no choice is made (or the wrong choice is made) you cannot continue to type and you have to close down the program and lose current data.

Note that the tab is divided into three sections: StickyKeys, FilterKeys, and ToggleKeys. For the problem observed with the Shift key, you are primarily interested in the sections for StickyKeys and FilterKeys. Highlighting one word at a time. For practice purposes, move your cursor to the middle of a line of text, Hold down a Shift key AND a Ctrl key

If you hold down the Shift key you can press (File > Save All) instead of (File > Save).At the top of the dialog box you see the shortcut key that Windows uses to start up FilterKeys--that the right Shift key is held down for more than eight seconds. If you have a tendency to hold down the Shift key too long, and you don't want FilterKeys to start up, then clear the Use Shortcut check box and click OK.If you have several documents open at the same time, the quickest way to save them all is to hold down the Shift key and press (File > Save All). You will be prompted if any documents have not been saved. To turn it off and prevent it from starting again, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Accessibility Options. Uncheck the box that says "Use Filter Keys", then click the Settings button and uncheck the box that says "Use shortcut". You should probably do the same for Sticky Keys.