Thread: Unable to burn image using DoISO in vista

Unable to burn image using DoISO in vista

I have a Samsung SH-S183 DVD RW and have been trying NeroExpress, DoISO, DeepBurner, InfraRecorder with some DVD-RW and DVD+R media, but none have got past the initial stages of starting the burn, I made the utility because I couldn't find a free utility which could make a DVD-sized ISO from a filesystem. Please help.

Re: Unable to burn image using DoISO in vista

I normally use Imgburn for my optical writing needs. However, I doubt the problem is your DVD burning software. It sounds more like your DVD burner is dying. Download XP create on link below have enough space to have windows copied by it to your hard drive add driver's you wish to the folder, configure XP create with the Xpcreate.ini

The ISO writes perfectly to a CD or a DVD - I have tested both. There is no limit on the minimum or maximum size of the ISO, it's up to you to make it fit on the available media. What you can try to do is uninstall the DVD burner from Device Manager, reboot the system and let Windows install the drivers for it again. If that doesn't work, you could do the same thing with the hard drive controllers. DoISO has the option of creating a DVD Video filesystem using the DVD Video option. It tries to detect the DVD filesystem automatically for you. As for DVD Video, it will only image the entire video filesystem, there is no inline decryption.

Your problem isn't the software you are using but either a failing drive/hardware or the interface to the OS is messed up. Try to load the msrecovery console on xp pro, i put it own to a damaged disk, i was a backup of the original disk so i tried the original and it worked, if your using a copied disk you better get hold of a disk mate!If the drive is ok, a fresh install of the OS should cure your woes, you can test this with a spare drive. I suspect something is wrong up with the ASPI interface.