Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

itunes not reading ipod

Windows Software

Old 21-07-2009
Members

itunes not reading ipod

I have a ipod shuffle , as i plunging it in my PC, its detecting it as a removable disk, itunes not recognizing it anymore. I can't find any issue in connecting method, if its detecting as removable disk that means cable is working fine, then what can be the issue? Any ideas?

Old 22-07-2009

Re: itunes not reading ipod

Which OS you are using? windows or MAC?

For Windows: iPod shows up in Windows but not in iTunes

Quote:
Install the latest version of iTunes

Be sure to download the latest version of iTunes. If you run into trouble installing iTunes, refer to Trouble installing iTunes or QuickTime for Windows for help.
For Mac: iPod missing in iTunes and Mac desktop

Quote:
Reset, Retry, Restart, Reinstall , Restore

Before starting, make sure your iPod is fully charged and then toggle the Hold switch on and off.

1. Reset your iPod.
2. Retry with a different USB or FireWire port.
3. Restart your computer and make sure you have the latest software updates installed.
4. Remove iTunes software and then reinstall iTunes software from latest versions on the web.
5. Restore your iPod. See “Updating and Restoring iPod Software” in the user's guide.
Old 22-07-2009

First disconnect your ipod and now Hold the menu and center button till the apple logo comes on screen to referesh it. Now plug it back to PC, it should work now.
Old 22-07-2009

First you should reinstall iTunes. If you do have usb to always use rear usb port and reset the ipod while plugged into the pc. Maybe try different usb ports and/or reinstall usb drivers or firewire.

Last solution would be Restoring iPod shuffle to factory settings

Hope this helps.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,