Thread: What is autostreamer?

What is autostreamer?

What is autostreamer? I came accross this term while i was reading an article on slipstreaming service packs and drivers to windows Operating system to create a complete all-in-one dvd or CD. What exactly is it? Where can i get it? Please help guys....

Re: What is autostreamer?

Autostreamer is a free splipstreaming utility for Windows. It can integrate a service pack into a Windows XP installation CD-ROM image. The main interface of Autostreamer is a wizard which guides the user though the splipstreaming process. According to PC World, it "simplifies the once-intimidating chore of slipstreaming your Windows XP CD—producing an XP SP2 CD from your SP1 or even vintage original XP CD".

Ok, Thanks a lot for your valuable reply. I have one more question in mind... Can i slipstream softwares so that those softwares will be installed when windows installs itself on the computer? This software is used to create a Windows CD with available service packs and updates installed in it or slipstreamed, is this legal?

If you have a Computer and you have purchased Windows, you can update your Operating system from microsoft's website, but if you encounter a system crash and have to re-install Windows XP, then you will have to re-install all the updates and software all over again. For such situation this software is developed. You can make your copy of windows xp with all the updates and service pack, but you cannot circulate the copy to anyone else. You can use the CD, its legal, but if you pass it on, its illegal...