Thread: What is Quickclean Lite

What is Quickclean Lite

From last couple of days my Windows XP computer is creating lots of problems from which i am just fed up. Some times it slows down, crashing, some registry problem and much more. So one of my friend has suggested me to use Quick Clean Lite. I am not much aware of this product. Please give me some information about Quick Clean Lite.

Re: What is Quickclean Lite

Quickclean Lite is a product from McAfee that cleans out unwanted programs, empties Internet caches, dumps space-clogging cookies and ActiveX Controls, and trashes old e-mail.Although QuickClean compresses Restore Points to minimize hard disk space consumption, they can eventually take up a lot of disk space. When you are sure that you no longer want or need a backup of a deleted application or group of files, you can delete the Restore Point. QuickClean 2.0 also steps you through a quick and painless setup that takes only a few minutes and offers several ways to clear out disk clutter. The fastest is aptly named QuickClean Lite, a speedy utility that clears out Internet caches, temporary file folders, and the like.The Restore wizard can completely restore any program or file if you have let the Remove wizard make a backup copy of the application before you remove it. The backup copy must still be available. You can it for $29.99.

You can specify file types, denoted by their file extension, that QuickClean must
    never delete. For example, you can protect all .doc files (representing Microsoft
    Word documents) that you never want QuickClean to delete. QuickClean provides you with default protected file types. However, you can create custom file types. To do so:-

• Click Types to show the Protected File Types dialog box.

• Click Add to show the Add File Type dialog box.

• To add a file type, select a file type in the Extension list, and click OK.

• To create a custom file extension, type the file extension in the Custom file type box, and click OK.

• To remove a file type from the Protected file types list, select the extension of the file type that you want to remove, and click Remove.

With QuickClean lite, Custom Rule Creator lets you customize your SpaceMaker tasks. You can create a custom rule to search for and clean files located in a specific drive or folder,with specific file extensions (for example, .zip, .doc, or .log files), based on the age of the file, and the size of the file (in KB).To create or modify a custom rule:

• Open QuickClean, and click the Options tab.
    • Click Custom Rule Creator. The Create or Modify Custom Rules dialog box appears.
    • Click New to create a rule. Otherwise, select a rule, and click Modify or Delete to change or remove an existing rule.If you click
    • New or Modify, a condition customization dialog box appears.
    • Select your condition options.
      • Click a specific folder, then enter or browse to the folder.
      • Select Include subfolders to include the subfolders, then click OK.