Thread: How to Delete set3.temp files from windows folder

How to Delete set3.temp files from windows folder

I have check my internet download folder where I found that there are some *.tmp files in my windows folder. They are created/updated in parallel (the same time stamp). I think Windows itself creates/updates these files and the former has grown to MB size.

I have never tried deleting this *.tmp files which always seen in the "temp" subfolder so, can anyone tell me what would be the purpose of these *.tmp files is and would it be safe to delete these files.

Thanks for Your time,

Re: How to Delete set3.temp files from windows folder

The filename SET3.TMP is used by objects that are classified as safe. It has not yet been seen to be associated with malicious software. Set3.tmp is 1,061 KB, while Set7.tmp is only 14 KB. Nothing about either in the registry, and the only reference I could find in a Google search was about Set7.tmp, and it had to do with an NT printer installation.

If you find your file has been missing from your system then you may also download it from the following site, I think there won't be any problem if you delete that file, out that Convention says that all files with a .tmp extension are temporary files that can be deleted. I have never seen an exception.

The file is windows\system32\config.tmp but the difference is that this file has an exact duplicate named config.nt which has the time stamp of the day I installed XP. SET3.TMP has been seen to perform the following behavior:

• This process creates other processes on disk,
    • It will Executes Processes stored in Temporary Folders,
    • Enables a COM Object/Server on the Local Machine

It has also been recommended to clear other files such as *.bak and *.old but on one occasion I cleared one bak file too many and Microsoft Office quit working.

Nora.Brown Guest

You can delete all temp files and whatever else you want from your private Computer history using History Killer Pro program.