Thread: Restore windows vista's original themes

Restore windows vista's original themes

Hi,
    I had lost all the original themes of windows vista. In the display properties I could not found any themes and wallpapers in that. Also I had lost my user picture. I do not understand the reason behind this. Anyhow how can I restore them back again. Where can I get the default wallpapers and themes of windows vita back again. Is this due to virus. Please help.

Re: Restore windows vista's original themes

Try to run system restore. Click on start menu > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore. Click on the application and make sure that you are logged in as a administrator. Then select the option of restore and select the date from the calender. Then click on next and run the utility. The system will be restarted and the entire settings will restore according to the set date.

To restore the old user images and other files insert your windows vista bootable disc. Then go start menu and click on run. Then type %Windir%\INF. Look for shl_img.inf file. If you cannot able to locate it then go to Folder option and choose two options. First unhide the files and select show extensions. Now right click on the file shl_img.inf and select install. Restart your system.

The wallpaper and themes are located in the windows drive. The folder for that is system 32. You can manually copy paste the folder from a different computer and paste it in your own. Other wise you will have to run a repair utility for vista. This will fix all the corrupted file but remove your all currently installed software and games. The utility is present in the bootable disc. Otherwise you can get those wallpapers on the internet also.