Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

outlook express attachment association

Windows Software

Old 20-07-2009

outlook express attachment association

I have a Power Point Viewer and all .pps files open well except for the emails attachment received in Outlook Express. If I try to open .pps attachments email I get a warning message that this file is not associated with any program. I have also checked that the setting in Folder options is set properly for file association. So can anyone help me out on how to change association of file attachment in Outlook Express? Thank you

Old 20-07-2009

Re: outlook express attachment association

Download PPSFix.zip. Unzip the file and run the utility. Select the file types that you want to fix, and then click Fix. Note that you need to login as administrator in order to use this utility.
Old 20-07-2009

When you open the Control Panel, you can click on Tools> Folder Options.
The easiest way to create an association is to see what the extension of the attachment is. You can also right click on the file and a menu will appear with the option Open with as one of the choices. After selecting Open with and then Choose program and you will be presented with a list of installed programs on your computer. Find the one you want to use to view image files and select it and also check the box that says Always use the selected program to open this kind of file and click OK.
Old 20-07-2009

I would first save the attachment, then in explorer or desktop, do the Right Click, OPEN WITH and select a new default application. OE (here at least) now uses the new application.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,