Thread: Why to install .net framework

Why to install .net framework

Hi,
    I had upgraded my operating system from windows xp to windows vista. I have some programs which I want to install in my system. They ask for .net framework. I want to know that do I really need it. What is .net framework and how it works. I am using a simple software called unlocker. Before installation it demands for .net in my computer. Where can I download it. Thanks anyway.

Re: Why to install .net framework

Microsoft .Net framework is a library of coded solutions which is used for common programming problems. It is like a virtual machine that manages the launching of programs. There programs are specifically written for Microsoft .Net framework. It is an essential component for windows. If you do not install it then some new application will not work in your computer. It is a freeware tool. You can download it from the site of Microsoft.

It is a essential part of a windows which initiates the working of certain newer application. It is a platform on which many application's are created. It is manily use for programming purpose to design and create new application. The newer version on .net framework has more additional features and lots of new components. It supports multi languages, model based development, web application support, etc. The download of software is available on Microsoft site.

The basic function of .net framework is to create a common platform for many applications working together. Normally interaction between two program is needed. Basically new and old ones. The tool does the work. Services like CLR which is like a virtual machine of .net. Here all the .net application are run under its supervision to provide a common behavior of programs. It is important that you should install the .net framework otherwise you cannot install some applications.

Tylon Foxx Guest

.NET has helped me a lot in a few C# programs of mine. C# is heavily dependant on .NET as far as my experience goes. Usually I always compile with .NET 2.0 support if possible, but for some system calls for example, you need to copile for a newer version.

In essence, it's a great help, even for those who aren't as experienced with programming.