Thread: Common folder opens on startup in Windows Xp

Common folder opens on startup in Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. From last few days whenever i turn on my system, my "Common" folder opens on the startup. I don't know but it keeps popping up the Common folder on Startup. So, can any body tell me that why does my "Common" folder open ups on the startup? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Common folder opens on startup in Windows Xp

In order to resolve issue on your system, you need to check your startup files. For doing so you need to click on Start menu, then select in Run and then type in msconfig and finally click on Enter key. Then you need to click on the startup tab. If the folder is been listed to open at startup, then you need to just uncheck it and afterwards reboot your system.

It is difficult to give a correct answer from what you have asked here. If you are using Hibernate action to close down your pc. For that you need to C:\Documents and Settings folder. You will find subfolders for the various users of this computer (including "All Users"). Then you need to look for a shortcut in the Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder that may be opening the Program Files\Common folder. If you see any entry in the right hand side window for Common files just delete that entry and then the things should be working fine for you.

You could try using something like EasyCleaner in order to remove the startup entry from your system. Take a look in here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run And also have a look in MSCONFIG