Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Best free partition software

Windows Software

Old 20-07-2009

Best free partition software

Hey...

I'm just curious to know which is the best free software that a newbie can use to make partitions? I used SwissKnife before but it never let me use any of the basic functions like the create button,the slider for choosing space allocation.i only tried with the trial versions of other software.So, can anyone advice me a good application in this regard? i guess time limited shareware would be fine if it let me make a partition or two before the duration ran out.
Thanks
Add a reply

Old 20-07-2009

Re: Best free partition software

Partition Magic is mind blowing application for this kind of jobs. If that's a hassle for you, I can't possible recommend any freeware software to use.But this is free, and good... Although you might find it even more intimidating than Partition Magic
Old 20-07-2009

Install macfuse along with ntfs 3g then you will be able to read and write to your ntfs partition.I use it and it works just fine.else you could try install Paragon NTFS . this software will treat your NTFS HDD as a native partition. simple installaion and requires a restart
Old 20-07-2009

I'm with GParted. It's free open source and runing amazingly. GParted has a full GUI and is easy to use. You could also try Parted Magic which is again free OSS. It seems to be highly recommended, though I haven't used it as I stick with GParted.It's the standard built in partition manager on many Linux distributions such as Ubuntu but works just as well on Windows disks.visit their website in order to get the application burn it in to CD and boot from it. you can then adjust your partitions with ease.
Old 27-07-2009

Post partition wizard

Partition Wizard is completely free for windows 32/64 xp, vista, windows 7. I'd like to recommend this one!

you can download and find more information.

Last edited by abhishek : 27-07-2009 at 08:11 AM. Reason: External link remove
Old 27-07-2009

If your computer has unallocated space on a hard disk, you can create additional partitions from the unallocated space after logging on as an administrator. EASEUS Partition Master is comprehensive hard disk partition tool and system optimization software for Windows-based administration without data loss. If a hard disk space is fully allocated, unallocated space can be generated if the size of a partition is reduced or a partition is deleted. Both basic and advanced partition operations can be done by this partition software. It is provided to optimize the performance of server or non-server machines by extending the system partition. To Create, Delete, Resize/Move, Copy or Format partition is also easy to realize on the disk map.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,