Thread: Error 1606 could not access network location windows vista and adobe reader

Error 1606 could not access network location windows vista and adobe reader

I have downloaded the trial version of Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 but while installing it i am getting error: Error 1606 Could not access network location what is the problem can any one solve it ?
    thank you

Re: Error 1606 could not access network location windows vista and adobe reader

Just go to start and type system restore in the search. select system restore so it will starts and select a different restore point.You get now a list of restore points. make selection of the restore point that you looking for to use and continue to next.

This issue may occur if there is an incorrect setting in one of the following registry subkeys:
    * HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.check here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps.

* Click Start, and then click Run.
    * In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    * Locate and then click the following registry key:
    * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    * In the right pane of Registry Editor, double-click Common Administrative Tools.
    * In the Value data box , type the following line, and then click OK:
    * %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
    * On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
    * Restart the computer.

check here for more http://forums.techarena.in/operating...ms/1208578.htm

I am having this same error today when I try to install/uninstall adobe reader. AIR, Shockwave & Flash worked, but adobe reader quit working and I cannot uninstall it or install it?

I opened the registry file to see if it matched the table noted from Sam.D above, and the veryfirst line line said "Default" with "value not set" and the %APPDATA% did NOT say "Roaming" behind it.

I didn't know if this default line should be there or not, but I didn't want to delete it as these instructions were posted nearly 2 years ago. I thought maybe this line was added as part of an update?

Any thoughts? I really appreciate any help.

I think I might try the system restore though, as that seems fairly harmless in case I screw it up, and this problem jsut started this morning.
    Last edited by S4CA; 13-10-2009 at 10:10 AM. Reason: additional note

But i went to the system restore and it didnt give me Adobe reader or java back if you know any external links to download Java please email me at bjoem@ymail.com because i keep getting the error code 1606 and im tired of it

i removed adobe CS5 extended and got adobe reader 9.10 corrupted. i then installed AR 9.30 and again installed AP CS5 when needed. Removing it resulted the same error again.
    I GOT A SOLUTION-
    1. uninstall adobe reader with "YOUR UNINSTALLER" in SUPER MODE ( u can download its crack version easily from eaZYdown, flmsdown.com, downarchive.com. etc)
    2. reinstall the Adobe Reader

it worked for me in win 7 ultimate !

thanx 1
    Last edited by madhu037; 04-06-2010 at 02:40 PM.

hi folks
    this is pavan iam using amd dualcore 2.67ghz with 2 gb ram and consisting 2 operating systems windows xp and windows vista

now iam facing a problem iam using mcafee8.5i version antivirus and some times while iam using to work on my system when ever i opend 3 or 4 folders , when ever i connect usb to the system, my system becomes hangup and then i press alt + ctrl+del and goto > taskmanager > process and ends up the explorer then the system begins repond to me untill i execute explorer.exe in file> new task in task manager

my antivirus program is always upto date and i always check manually pendrives through cmd promt while i connected them to the system
    using : " del autorun.*/a/s/f/q "

how can i over come this problem with out loosing my data and with out formatting my os

any suggestions plzzz................

It might be a faulty USB drive or maybe the usb ports are not working correctly. Have you tried disabling the antivirus and then inserting the usb pen drive and checking whether it is hanging the computer or not? You can also try to remove old usb drivers and rollback drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin K View Post
    To resolve this behavior, follow these steps.

* Click Start, and then click Run.
    * In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    * Locate and then click the following registry key:
    * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    * In the right pane of Registry Editor, double-click Common Administrative Tools.
    * In the Value data box , type the following line, and then click OK:
    * %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
    * On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
    * Restart the computer.

check here for more http://forums.techarena.in/operating...ms/1208578.htm

Calvin,

I have completed all of the steps up to the the adminstrative tools. When I get to the user registry, no adminstrative tools exist; but I do notice that it goes to the public file. What do I need to do to fix this?

Sonrae42