Thread: HP Recovery Disk Creation Problem...

unsure HP Recovery Disk Creation Problem...

Hi...

I own an HP Pavilion tx1000 Notebook PC. I'm facing problem creating Recovery Disks. I haven't created them before. But when I open the Recovery Disk Creator, and click "Next" on the first window, it immediately opens another window that says "Cancelling in Progress". And it says "Recovery Disk Creation" will continue the next time you run the program.

I need to restore my comp pretty soon, as it's in a pretty bad state, and takes multiple attempts to even boot... . So any help'll be appreciated...

Thanks in Advance... .

Re: HP Recovery Disk Creation Problem...

first try to perform a system recovery from recovery partition itself. Once done then try to create the recovery disc again.

HP Recovery Disk Creation Problem...

Hey, thank you indiansword and Clemens for your very prompt responses.

first try to perform a system recovery from recovery partition itself.
    I'm not sure how to do this, so I checked out the links suggested by Clemens. From there, what I gather is that I should do the following:

1. Using the "Computer Management" Tool, I set my D: drive (HP Recovery drive) to 'Primary Partition'.

2. I restart the computer, and during start-up, I press F11 so that it enters System Recovery Mode.

Now, from here, will I be able to follow the on-screen instructions, or is there anything else I need to keep in mind? Also, the recovery doesn't need the Recovery Disks? Please confirm this for me, once you do that, I'll go ahead and try to perform Recovery of my computer.

Trouble is, my computer is suffering from another problem (which, I found from a few forums, is a common problem among others using the same model as mine), wherein the computer takes like a hundred attempts (not kidding) just to boot up. So I'm afraid to restart it unless I'm sure that I can perform the Recovery.

Thanks once again... waiting eagerly for your reply...

HP laptops stores the recovery files in different drive. Like for example C is the windows. Then depending on the number of partitions it has a whole recovery file in other partition. If you laptop is giving trouble then I will recommend you to use the recovery disc. That will be easy for your. Other do this. If you are running vista then click on start menu and type recovery manager in the search box. Then go to Advance option > system recovery > etc. Follow the wizard. If the recovery manager ask you for system restore then give no. If this fails then you will definitely need a recovery disc. If you do not have then download the entire recovery files from HP website by adding your part number at the backside of your laptop.

Thanks for your advice...

If you do not have then download the entire recovery files from HP website by adding your part number at the backside of your laptop.
    ZeDaX, is this possible- for free? I thought HP Recovery files weren't available for download, and the only other option would be to order new Recovery Disks from them.

But I think I'll go ahead and try the Recovery Manager by pressing F11 during startup; as soon as someone confirms my previous message.

Hp recovery partition helps you to perform the SYTEM RECOVERY [formatting computer] without the recovery discs. In case even recovery drive is corrupted then u will need recovery disc. And after so many posts, if u still dont understand anything and willing to spend few bucks then call up HP and ask them to ship you recovery discs. Charged would be between $15 to $27 depending on the shipping method u choose.

You have two options ... provide vista is home premium and greater.

1: Use vista's backup feature which can produce a backup image in case os hits a major issue which prevents it from loading.

2: Or Macrium Reflect > www.macrium.com/ ... choose the free edition for home.

You have two alternative methods now.

I would personally go for macrium as the image can be mounted and user files extracted later ... very handy.

Contact hp for information regarding the restore process which was provided with unit as they should be able to tell you if restore disc's are required .. I would doubt it as I have had 3 hp laptops with vista and the complete system restore is on the first hidden partition on the hard drive.

Those restore disc's that are created by user are for those accidents when the hard drive itself curls up and die's and requires replacement or the restore partition has suffered corruption and is unable to function ... Their your life preserver.

I know this is an old post but I thought I would answer it as it may help someone with the same issue.

I have had the same issue with creating Recovery Disks. The reason mine was cancelling is because my c:\ was too full to create the image of the recovery disc before burning. Once I had offloaded approx 10GB of free space I was able to create the recovery discs without a problem.

Hopes this helps someone who may have the same issue.