Thread: Cannot load microsoft support website

Cannot load microsoft support website

My PC has malware on it and I am trying to remove it using the microsoft malware tool, but when I try to go to support.microsoft.com I keep getting a page load error. It does this in IE and Mozilla. I'm wondering if the malware is somehow blocking microsoft's support site??? If this is a worm can anyone advise me how to remove it? Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Fennec; 19-07-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Divyesh-tech Guest

Re: Cannot load microsoft support website

Quote Originally Posted by Fennec View Post
    My PC has malware on it and I am trying to remove it using the microsoft malware tool, but when I try to go to support.microsoft.com I keep getting a page load error. It does this in IE and Mozilla. I'm wondering if the malware is somehow blocking microsoft's support site??? If this is a worm can anyone advise me how to remove it? Thanks for any help.
    Well I don't believe there are specific removal tools for this particular worm. You can do a free online scan at:http://www.trendmicro.com
    You can download free AVG antivirus tool that will remove it as well at: http://www.grisoft.com

they also have a free online scan called ewido you can use.

Hope it helps!!

I will try them. Thank you for the help.

I cannot get either of these links to open. Still getting page error for these links, but any other sites in my bookmarks load up fine.

Did a diagnostic of my internet connectivity and it shows a DNS failure and cannot make a HTTPS or FTP connection. I'm not very knowledgable about these things. Any more advise would greatly appreciated.

Cannot load microsoft support website

In this case you need to manually assign your DNS by using following steps:-

• Right click on My network places and click on Properties.
    • Local Area Connection window would get open over here again right click on it properties.
    • Now select TCP/IP which would be at the end and then click on it properties.
    • A new window would get open, in this select obtain an Automatic IP Address and Obtain DNS Server Address automatically and click on OK.
    • Restart your machine for changes to get effected.

For that you need to make sure whether your homepage is set correctly on your system. After that you need to pen Add/Remove Programs and check out whether you have the Windows Update (KB 890046) on your system. If its there on your system, try to remove it and check out whether it resolves your issue.

Thank you for the responses. I think that I am going to have to take my pc in to get it looked at. Now each time I try to open any file it won't open and I get a promt that says Windows needs to know what program created the file. I can search online or chose a program to open the file with. I tried the search online and downloaded recommended solutions, but when I try to run them, I get the same prompt. I can't even run msconfig, because it shows the same promt and I don't know what program to use to open msconfig with.

Thanks again for everyone trying to help.