Thread: PowerDVD vs Corel WinDVD 9

PowerDVD vs Corel WinDVD 9

Hello,

I am planing to purchase a program in order to view Blu Ray and HD-DVD Discs and Rips.and i am now ended up on PowerDVD and Corel WinDVD 9 I noticed my LG Drive that plays HD-DVD and BluRay discs and PowerDVD no longers plays HD-DVD.Is PowerDVD the better option and should I just buy the latest copy. any thoughts??

Thanks

Re: PowerDVD vs Corel WinDVD 9

One of my friend is using WinDVD and he mentioned me about the best part of the application Disk start lag times are acceptable for BD-DVD and normal for SD-DVD. No picture or stuttering issues. So far it played flawlessly or it doesn't play.the design and layout good. AlltoHD works very well for animated movies.the filters are mostly fluff but some badly coded SD-DVD showed improvement.which can support Nvidia PurevideoHD.the play controls change depending on the title for some Blue-ray titles and for some they are almost missing and functions like SKIP,FF, REW. Some work perfectly so this may occurr with all players.but Some titles just won't play

I use many application for the above purpose you mentioned and i guess winDVD 9+ is for better application.gives better feature than others, so i would tell you purchase it.make old dvd look like 1080P.you will need a better or higher process above,that you have.

I was fan of PowerDVD for years,but right now I love WinDVD better.may be PDVD has this feature now, but what I really liked about WinDVD is you can set a time you want the movie to finish, and it will speed up or slow it down to fit in the time window if you mentioned, which can do it without altering the pitch of the sounds.