Thread: Hp printer driver removal tool

Hp printer driver removal tool

I had installed Windows Xp on my system. I had attach an Hp F380 printer to my pc. Now the problem is that when i try to re-install it cacl on my pc, after uninstalling all previous software from my system i can do it. It gives out an error message stating that " 'Newer version of software is already installed. " Can any body tell me that what does this error message means? Is there any hp printer driver removal tool which can help me to get rid of the above issue? Kindly let me know your views on the above issue.

Re: Hp printer driver removal tool

Your best bet will be confirming which driver package you have and look it up at HP's website for manually uninstall information. Most printer drivers contain an awfully large number of registry and file entries, and it is nearly impossible to manual remove them all. For all-in-one units it is considerably worse still. Some printer drivers offer a uninstall log or file which you can run. These are sometimes found in the temp folder on your system.

You can also try out Miraplacid Text Driver program on your system. You may need to download a removal tool from the manufacturer which may be either on the driver CD or you will get it online.

To remove all information from your system concerning a specific Windows printer driver, do the following:

1. Run Control Panel.
    2. Double-click the Printers icon.
    3. Select the printer to be removed.
    4. Choose the Configure button.
    5. Choose the Remove button. This removes the printer from the Installed Printers list.
    6. From the File Manager or MS-DOS, delete the driver file (.DRV file) corresponding to the removed printer. Refer to the table below for information on specific printers and their corresponding driver files.
    7. Edit the [Windows] section of the WIN.INI file and remove the information following the "Device=" line. (This line contains information about the current default printer). For example, change
    Device=Postscript Printer, Pscript, lpt1:

to:

Device=
    8. Remove the section of the WIN.INI file that contains information about the specific printer driver. The title of this section contains the name of the printer and the port to which it was initially configured. For example:
    [PostScript,LPT1]
    device=16
    feed1=1
    feed15=1
    orient=2
    9. Exit Windows. Restart Windows.

bpatton Guest

try out Miraplacid Text Driver program on your system