Thread: What is hpqtoaster.exe

What is hpqtoaster.exe

I'm having a Acer laptop on which i had installed Windows Xp. Recently i was trying to install installing new software as a silly HP Microsoft processes started to pop my system resources which showed extraneous process: HpqToaster.exe. Its location is C:\Program Files\HPQ\shared\HpqToaster.exe on my desktop screen. It's clearly a piece of HP software, but the msconfig interface doesn't provide an option to disable it at bootup. So, can any body tell me that what is hpqtoaster.exe and how do i get rid of the above issue? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: What is hpqtoaster.exe

Most likely it seems to be a cd or dvd burning program. The process HpqToaster Module belongs to the software HpqToaster Module or SmartRead or HP Backup and Recovery or HP Wireless Assistant or HPSSupply or QuickTime or Mozilla Firefox by Hewlett-Packard Company.

Looks related to HP, but it could also be a task which disguised itself as a HP task. HpqToaster.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP. The program is not visible. It is not a Windows system file. There is no file information. HpqToaster.exe is able to record inputs.

I think you should try to remove HpqToaster.exe immidiatley from your system. for that you can use Prevx 3.0 to remove HPQTOASTER.EXE, along with any other viruses, spyware, adware, trojans, rootkits, worms, information stealers, keyloggers, bots, and other form of malicious threat that may reside on your PC.