Thread: calling out all tech gurus ...very complex problem

Exclamation calling out all tech gurus ...very complex problem

now i have a Q8200 with 2 gig of DDR2 ram and NVIDIA 9400 gt.... previously while burning something using Nero... i could easily play burnout paradise and those kinda games and even all window transistions were smooth... but recently while burning .... they become slow and i even listening to music is not smooth.... and NO NO I DO NOT HAVE VIRUS / SPYWARE / MALWARE... this is because i have ESET Smart Business security up to date and ran 3 scans (In-Depth) but found zero threat/virus.... i ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Spybot Search & Destroy .... Malwarebytes did not find anything but S&D found 4 i deleted them all .... i scanned and repaired my registry with Registry Mechanic and Uniblue Registry Cleaner .... i have defragmented all my partions TWICE... once with the system one and Ashampoo Win Optimizer 6.... i have disabled quite a few startup programs.... the physical free memory is 1.1 gig ... all my drivers are upto date ALSO...

I HAVE DONE ALMOST EVERYTHING BY THE BOOK BUT MY COMP STILL LAGS WHILE BURNING

IF ANY1 CAN SORT THIS PROBLEM THEN HATS OFF TO U ...

Re: calling out all tech gurus ...very complex problem

When you burn a disc,it take a lot of ram speed . The system gives the burning application priority over the the ram and when you burn any thing the idle programs in memory are transferred to the virtual memory on to the HD and it becoms much more slower . If your Pc ram is not high , It takes time for PC to recompensate for the memory transfer from the ram to HD, after you complete burning it moves data back from the virtual memory to the system ram. Its like in the order of usage, It will stay in the virtual ram until requested for use by the system. This will be the reason why your PC is slow after burning .

press crtl+alt+del and switch to the processes tab. Then look for a drwtsn32.exe process.

In the task manager- processes tab , there will be a process run called drwtsn32.exe. It is likely using more then 90% of your CPU Just end the process. it's a debugging tool from MS

Check the size of your page file, make sure its between 2 and 2.5x your physical RAM, making the minimum and maximum the same , Also if your system is heating up; that will cause the cpu to throttle back which means slower operation so check your temps and speed with any temperature monitoring software while your system is at work burning a dvd

damn the dvd that i was burning at the time of writing this post has just been completed . It took 6 hrs just to burn a 4 gig dvd...this was not the case sometime b4...
    @ eric.b - but around a month ago i was able to play a game and burn dvd smoothly

@thomas321- theres no dr watson debugger processor. In letter "d" there is only dllhost.exe

@JonathanD- plz how do i modify this ..i think this might be the problem since i remember messing around with it... how do i restore to default... i have 2 gig DDR2 ram

Tylon Foxx Guest

it's always a bad idea to run memory-hungry applications while burning disks as it increases the risk of buffer underrun (the drive's buffer runs out of data), and even on modern drives with different buffer underrun-preventing technologies, it can corrupt the disk.

Most buffer underrun prevention technologies also slow down the disk while refilling the buffer with data, which will make it take longer to complete a disk.

Try just oonce to burn a disk with absolutely nothing else running, you will notice that it doesn't take that long.

Also burnout: paradise demands its share of RAM.

also if you run Vista, i'd suggest upgrading to 4 GB of RAM or more, especially if you multitask like that, though you need to remember that you'll need the x64 version.

Last, but not least: does the gfx card use turbocache?
    That means the GPU will hog a chunk of memory for itself. On that card you can safely turn it off.

but guys guys and i tell u paradise + burning DVD was running fine... and now it doesnt... plz read my 1st post properly...

Tylon Foxx Guest

I see some desperation here

in any case, have you installed any programs lately that keep running in the background? If you have, then remember that background programs also take up resources.

it's the best reason I can come up with at 3 AM (Copenhagen time) that might be a good explanation to your problem.