Thread: Ie7 file download security warning

Ie7 file download security warning

Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP shows me error while downloading any thing that says "File Download - Security Warning".It is asking whether to Save or Open the file directly, or Cancel the download. that creating some more problem can any one tell me how to overcome this ?
    thank you

Re: Ie7 file download security warning

there may be some problem regarding digital certification. Some certification authorities, such as Verisign and Thawte, may provide digital certificates for code signing. Some of these certification authorities use the PVK file format to store the private key of the digital certificate. The public part of the digital certificate is stored in an SPC file. The private part is stored in the PVK file you can get that from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

You install the May 2007 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (MS07-027), and then you try to open Windows Internet Explorer 7. After you do this, the File Download – Security Warning dialog box may open, and you may receive the following message:
    Do you want to save this file?
    The File Download – Security Warning dialog box also refers to the "navcancl" file name. After you close this dialog box, you cannot start Internet Explorer 7.

This problem may occur on a Windows Vista-based computer if the following conditions are true:

* The "Temporary Internet Files" folder is moved to a location outside the User folder hierarchy. For example, the "Temporary Internet Files" folder is moved to another volume.
    * The Phishing Filter is enabled.
    * Protected mode is enabled.

Check here to solve it http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937409

In this case, the "Temporary Internet Files" folder has insufficient permissions in its new location. Therefore, the Phishing Filter cannot start. When this problem occurs, Internet Explorer 7 cannot start, and the File Download – Security Warning dialog box opens.

I have go through the solution of Move the Temporary Internet Files folder back to its original location with these steps:

1. Click Start
    Collapse this imageExpand this image
    Start button
    , type Internet Options in the Start Search box, and then click Internet Options in the Programs list.
    2. On the General tab, click Settings in the Browsing History area.
    3. Click Move Folder.
    4. In the Please select a folder to which you can add items navigation pane, locate the following folder:
    C:\Users\User_Account_Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows
    5. Click OK two times.
    6. When you are receive the following message, click Yes:
    Windows will now log you off to finish moving Temporary Internet Files. Do you want to continue?
    7. Log on to Windows Vista again.

To complete Method 1 on a Windows XP-based computer or on a Windows Server 2003-based computer, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type inetcpl.cpl, and then click OK.
    2. On the General tab, click Settings in the Browsing History area.
    3. Click Move Folder.
    4. In the Please select a folder to which you can add items navigation pane, locate the following folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings
    5. Click OK, click Apply, and then click OK.
    at the end my problem was not solved so at the end i tried with internet explorer 8 and that helps me...